JOB TITLE: Marketing Director
The Marketing Director is responsible for the strategic direction and successful execution of Verdant Technologies™ and our products corporate marketing strategy. Directs and oversees marketing department. Participates in design of business goals and strategies. Monitors effectiveness of marketing strategies and executions to promote company’s programs, products and other offerings. These accountabilities will include and not be limited to Trade Communications and tools, Shopper Marketing Analysis, Social Media, Website, PR and Employee Engagement efforts. This role will ensure all marketing department activities are in-line with corporate strategic direction, sales strategy and branding standards. Manages Sales & Marketing programs with the Revenue function and key retail accounts.
Produce or related industry experience is a plus with a solid marketing background and work experience managing a variety of promotional projects end-to-end. Proven track record of building and leading the Marketing and PR functions for an organization a strong plus.
- Develop and manage annual company and product marketing strategy guiding Trade Marketing, Shopper Marketing and Insights, Social Media and Employee Engagement efforts
- Actively participates in marketing planning process which include account objectives, strategies, tactics, activities and program calendars
- Develop and monitor annual trade communication strategy including Trade Advertising Programs, Public Relations Calendar, Customer Sample Campaign Schedule and Tradeshow Calendar and Strategy. Negotiate Trade Ad programs; write press releases, tradeshow management.
- Works with agency partner to develop digital marketing strategy and oversee digital content development.
- Oversees creative direction and development of branded assets including packaging, selling tools, advertising, digital marketing campaigns, marketing collateral.
- Ownership of Marketing Budget. Works with the CRMO to set annual budget allocations and manages budget spending and forecasting throughout the fiscal year.
- Supports key customers and sales organization with custom analysis and creative as requested
- Develops customer-level (grower & retailer) marketing action plans with the sales function to deliver business results
- Partners with sales to track and improve execution of programs
- Supports sales to win contracts and renewals
- Generates materials for prospective investor presentations
- Leverage creativity, scientific learning and customer needs to develop customer messaging and evolution of the Verdant Technologies™ and HarvestHold™ selling stories
- Develops initiatives, programs and tactics that support the company and brand DNA and manifesto objectives
- Provides on-going trend analysis of customer data (performance and drivers) to seize value-creating opportunities re: new distribution, promotional effectiveness, trends and competitive activity
- Builds, manages and coaches high-performing marketing staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strategic thinker with strong customer insights and skills which can be translated into product strategies and winning marketing plans
- Demonstrated high degree of creativity to find new, compelling ways to reach and communicate with scientist, growers, packers, wholesalers and retailers
- Strong sense of financial accountability and ownership, with P&L management experience, a sense of urgency balanced with fine attention to detail
- Strong organizational & communication abilities
- Exceptional writing & presentation skills
- Ability to manage, execute and get timely closure on multiple projects
- Ability to deal with conflict and negotiate what’s best for Verdant Technologies™ with our vendors
- Appreciation of customer and consumer needs as it relates to fresh produce, floral and ag technology and a passion for promoting a distinctive position in the marketplace
- Strong executive acumen and team player with an ability to work with people of all levels of skill
- Experienced in a data-driven analytics marketing approach
- Experienced in successful creation and delivery of go-to-market strategies
- Undergraduate college/university degree; preferably in related marketing or communications field preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience leading marketing initiatives and cross-functional teams